Be Part of a Regional Organization with National and International Connections
ADR Atlantic is one of seven regional affiliates of the ADR Institute of Canada. Affiliates are non-profit, private organizations established to provide national and regional leadership in the promotion of Alternative Dispute Resolution in Canada. As a "Full" member of the ADR Atlantic, you are automatically a member of the ADR Institute of Canada and benefit from their national and international reputation as the “Gold Standard” in ADR.
- establishes and monitors the use of nationally recognized designations such as the Chartered Mediator (C.Med), Chartered Arbitrator (C.Arb), Qualified Mediator (Q.Med) and Qualified Arbitrator (Q.Arb);
- created the National Arbitration Rules and National Mediation Rules widely accepted throughout Canada for resolving commercial disputes;
- administers cases and appoints Arbitrators and Mediators under the National Rules;
- calls upon affiliates to recommend members for national rosters so members across the country have access to interesting work;
- arranges access to professional practice liability insurance, general liability insurance, home and auto insurance for members at highly competitive rates (learn more about ADRIC Insurance Program);
- publishes the prestigious Canadian Arbitration and Mediation Journal;
- holds an annual conference in a different part of Canada each year bringing ADR practitioners together from coast to coast
As a member of ADR Atlantic, your name and practice details appear on ADR Connect via your Member Portal so you can market your services across Canada and internationally.
Use Your Designation to Stand Out from the Crowd
Institute members can apply for the nationally trademarked and protected designations of Chartered Mediator, Chartered Arbitrator or Qualified Mediator. These designations allow members to differentiate themselves while allowing users to make informed decisions about who they engage based on objective criteria. All designation holders, as participants in the ADR Institute of Canada's Continuous Education and Engagement Program, are up-to-date and on top of new developments.
- Access to a regional clearing house for information and skill building;
- Access broad range of tools and services for ADR practitioners;
- Access ADR services Nationally;
- Access learning and networking opportunities;
- Opportunities to exchange knowledge and experience;
- Opportunity for increased activity in your business;
- Networking opportunities both regionally and nationally;
- Listing on ADR Connect with regional, national and international exposure;
- Information on current trends and issues in ADR;
- Reduced conference and workshop fees professional affiliation.