RECORDING - Arbitration Series - Session 6
The Arbitration Award: Getting it Written, Getting it Right
Recorded on September 3, 2020 - 90 minutes
TO PURCHASE THIS RECORDING, PLEASE COMPLETE YOUR REGISTRATION BELOW. You will receive information on how to access the recording within one week.
Chair: Louise Barrington, JD, LLM, FCIArb, Chartered Independent Arbitrator, Arbitration Place
Julie Hopkins, BA, LLB, FCIArb, Independent Arbitrator
Daniel Urbas, BA, LLB, BCL, FCIArb, Urbas Arbitral
• Preparing to write the award in the course of the arbitration
• Closing the arbitration
• Deliberations and managing tribunal dynamics
• Communications with counsel and experts in the course of writing the award
• Form of the award (statutory and institutional requirements for enforceability)
• Best practices
• Applications to correct or interpret
CPD accreditation received to date (pending from other Law Societies across Canada):
• Law Society of British Columbia: 1.5 hours
• Law Society of New Brunswick: 1.5 hours
• Law Society of Saskatchewan: 1.5 hours
ADRIC CEE points: 3
Members: $35 plus applicable taxes
Non-Members: $50 plus applicable taxes
ADRIC Members: "Sign in" to this page with your Member Portal login credentials.
Non-Members: If you already have an account with us, use your regular login credentials. If you are new to us, click "Create an account" - you will be asked to create a password, and enter your email address. Please be sure to include your province for the system to auto-calculate the applicable taxes.