RECORDING - Arbitration Series - Session 5
Arbitration Appeals in Commercial Cases: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
Recorded on October 16, 2020 - 90 minutes
TO PURCHASE THIS RECORDING, PLEASE COMPLETE YOUR REGISTRATION BELOW. You will receive information on how to access the recording within one week.
Hon. Clément Gascon, Woods L.L.P.;
Alexander Gay, Justice Canada;
Ludmila B. Herbst, Q.C., Farris LLP;
Bill Horton, C.Arb, FCIArb, William G. Horton Corporation;
Sabri Shawa, JSS Barristers
• Differing provincial and conceptual approaches
• What is working and what is not
• Differentiating appeals from jurisdictional challenges and applications to set aside
• Availability of appeals (mandatory/opt in/opt out)
• Is leave to appeal a useful way to expand or limit access to appeals
• Impact of the SCC decision in Vavilov for arbitration appeals and arbitration practice in general
CPD accreditation received to date (pending from other Law Societies across Canada):
• Law Society of British Columbia: 1.5 hours
• Law Society of New Brunswick: 1.5 hours
• Law Society of Saskatchewan: 1.5 hours
ADRIC CEE points: 3
Members: $35 plus applicable taxes
Non-Members: $50 plus applicable taxes
ADRIC Members: "Sign in" to this page with your Member Portal login credentials.
Non-Members: If you already have an account with us, use your regular login credentials. If you are new to us, click "Create an account" - you will be asked to create a password, and enter your email address. Please be sure to include your province for the system to auto-calculate the applicable taxes.
Once you have received your email confirmation of payment, please forward to [email protected] to receive instructions on how to access the recording.